Kesha Claims She ‘Didn’t Know’ Prop Knife Was Replaced With Real Blade During Lollapalooza Set

Kesha’s Lollapalooza performance had everyone talking when she started dancing around the stage with the knife, however, she was planning to use a fake blade.

“Sooooo apparently the prop knife went missing and they replaced it with a real butcher knife stolen from the kitchen,” Kesha, 37, alleged via X hours after her Thursday, August 1, performance. “I didn’t know. Till now. So watch that again.”

Kesha performed at the popular Chicago music festival on Thursday, in which she held onto a knife while performing her song “Backstabber.”

Kesha did not reveal who allegedly switched out the prop blade, but she was excited about her overall festival appearance.

A Complete Guide to 2024 Music Festivals

Related: 2024’s Music Festivals: Bonnaroo, Endless Sunsets and More

The new year is still young, but the calendar is already full of music festivals showcasing artists of all genres — and drawing in the biggest celebs. Festival season is usually characterized by surprise collaborations, major fashion moments and controversy, and 2024 will likely be no different. From Boston to L.A., dozens of different events […]

“Grateful for my boys,” she wrote via Instagram Story that night, sharing footage of herself hugging her band members. “[And] so grateful for my besties.”

Kesha’s Lolla set was one of her first public performances since leaving Dr. Luke’s label. Five of her most recent albums were released under Luke’s Kemosabe Records before Kesha left in December 2023.

Kesha at Lollapalooza

Getty Images

Months earlier in June 2023, Kesha and Luke, 50, settled their defamation lawsuit. The “Tik Tok” singer claimed in 2014 that Luke previously allegedly assaulted her in 2005 after she woke up in his bed “sore and sick with no memory of how she got there.”

Kesha named the music producer in a lawsuit, claiming Luke threatened to “shut her career down” if she mentioned the alleged incident.

Inside Kesha and Dr Lukes Defamation Trial

Related: Dr. Luke's Defamation Lawsuit Against Kesha: What to Know

After Kesha came forward with abuse allegations against Dr. Luke in 2014, the music producer fired back with a defamation lawsuit. In court documents obtained by Us Weekly in October 2014, the “Blow” songstress detailed an alleged 2005 incident in which she woke up naked in Dr. Luke’s bed “sore and sick with no memory […]

Luke denied the claims before filing a defamation lawsuit against Kesha. His lawyer told Us Weekly at the time that Kesha’s allegations were part of a “campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements.”

Kesha dropped her lawsuit in August 2016, choosing instead to focus on ending her recording contract. Luke, however, proceeded with his defamation suit. They were scheduled to go to trial in July 2023 before reaching a settlement one month earlier.

“While I appreciate Kesha again acknowledging that she cannot recount what happened that night in 2005, I am absolutely certain that nothing happened,” Luke wrote via Instagram in June 2023. “I never drugged or assaulted her and would never do that to anyone. For the sake of my family, I have vigorously fought to clear my name for nearly 10 years. It is time for me to put this difficult matter behind me and move on with my life. I wish Kesha well.”

Kesha has since been focused on releasing new music outside of Kemosabe. Her single “Joyride” dropped last month.

“I’ll say this: I’ve never felt happier, more excited, more at peace and had such a purpose in my entire life,” she told V magazine in February. “And I feel like I have earned the right to be this happy for sure. So letting that be … I am loving every minute of what feels like a brand-new and very exciting chapter.”

Related Posts

‘Domestic terrorism’ hits Tesla drivers, dealers as former FBI field boss warns it could get worse

A former high-level FBI special agent said he expects political violence in the United States to continue escalating amid the nationwide destruction of Tesla vehicles and dealerships…

Three FBI Most Wanted fugitive arrests in two months signal return to ‘premier’ agency: former agent

The FBI has had prompt success capturing fugitives since President Trump took office, according to Director Kash Patel. Patel announced on Tuesday that the FBI has apprehended…

Missing American in Dominican Republic: Key witness Joshua Riibe leaves country

PUNTA CANA, Dominican Republic – The key witness in the spring break disappearance of Sudiksha Konanki, Joshua Riibe, reportedly left the Dominican Republic on Wednesday aboard a…

Florida spring break brawl ends with teen biting off man’s ear: police

A man is recovering after having his ear ripped off during an altercation that turned violent on a Florida beach during spring break. The Lee County Sheriff's…

Deal or No Deal Island’s Courtney ‘CK’ Kim Defends Danielle Reyes’ Performance on ‘The Traitors’ (Exclusive)

Big Brother legend Danielle Reyes has another defender for her chaotic gameplay on The Traitors. Courtney “CK” Kim, the controversial villain and third-place finisher on season 2…

Why Is ‘Emilia Perez’ Controversial? The Biggest Criticisms of the Oscar-Nominated Film

Emilia Pérez leads the pack of 2025 Oscar hopefuls with a whopping 13 nominations, but the movie has faced several different controversies. Karla Sofía Gascón is at…